• Individuals and teams can sign up for the ninth annual Relief Run Color Blast, set for Saturday, April 21, at Beck-Kiwanis Park in Ontario. Registration fees for the 5K walk/jog/run are $35 for individuals or $100 for a team. All proceeds go to the Treasure Valley Children’s Relief Nursery.
Participants can also purchase paint packets and pre-pay for a meal after the race supplied by Mackey’s Irish Steakhouse.
To register go to bluecirclesports.com or for more information, visit tvcrn.org/colorblast.
• State Rep. Lynn Findley, R-Vale, will hold a town hall meeting at Chavelita’s in Vale on Wednesday, April 25. The meeting starts at 6 p.m.
• The Ontario School District will hold kindergarten roundup from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Thursday, April 26, at the district office. Parents registering children for the 2018-2019 school year should bring a copy of the child’s birth certificate, current immunization records, names and phone numbers of persons picking up child and proof of residency in Ontario.
Registration will also be available for the pre-kindergarten summer school. The office is at 195 SW 3rd Avenue. For information, phone 541-889-5374.
• The Treasure Valley Quiltmakers will meet at 10 a.m. Thursday, April 26, at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Ontario, 842 Alameda Dr. Lunch will be at 12 p.m. For information, call 541-889-3147 or 541-889-6602.
• The Malheur County Sheriff’s Office SERT team will sponsor a Family Fun Shoot on Saturday, April 28 at the Snake River shooting complex outside of Vale. Registration starts at 8 a.m. with the first rounds going off at 9 a.m. Cost is $15 for the first station and $10 for each additional station. A Bergara Hunter 7mm with scope is also being raffled off the day of the shoot. Tickets, $20 each, are available with deputies or the day of the shoot.
• The community is invited to the third annual Hoedown on Friday, May 4, at the Redbarn located at the Malheur County Fairgrounds. Proceeds from the dinner and dance provide scholarships to local students pursuing an education in the healthcare field. The doors open at 6 p.m. with dinner beginning at 6:60 p.m. followed by a dance at 7:30 p.m.
Tickets are $20 and available at Halcom State Farm Insurance, the Ontario Chamber office, Berts Growler Garage or by email at [email protected].
• The Treasure Valley Symphony presents a Pops Concert on Friday, May 4 at the Myer-McLean theater in the Four Rivers Cultural Center. Proceeds from the concert, featuring conductor Sean Rogers, benefits TVCC music students. General seating is $10 with tickets available at Red Apple Marketplace, the FRCC gift shop and at the door the night of the concert. For more information, call 541-881-5585.
• The Relay For Life of Four Rivers is coming Friday, June 8 at the Ontario High School Track. Teams will take to the track starting at 6 p.m. and continue until midnight. Corporate sponsorships, teams, auction donations and volunteers are being taken now. Cancer survivors and also urged to attend as they will be invited to attend the opening ceremony and walk the Survivor Victory Laps. For more information on the race, contact Wendy fisher at 208-422-1075 or [email protected]