HAWAIIAN PARTY: The Ontario Fire & Rescue Department will hold its 43rd annual benefit and dance, Saturday, March 11, at Four Rivers Cultural Center beginning at 6 p.m. Tickets can be purchased at the fire department or call 541-881-3216.
DEMOCRATS: The Malheur Democrats will meet at 2 p.m. Sunday, March 12, at the Weese building on the Treasure Valley Community College campus, in room 103.
New officers were recently elected and business regarding district and state concerns will be discussed. The group also is considering whether to sponsor some discussion events to encourage political civility.
Anyone with questions may call Lucy Hutchens, 208-739-6954.
HISTORY: The Malheur Country Historical Society meeting on Thursday, March 9, will spotlight the Lincoln Heights area south and west of Ontario. Roger Findley will bring along Cliff Harris, 97, a pioneer of that area, to discuss the history of the area.
The meeting is at the Vale Seniors and Community Center, 100 Longfellow St. S. Lunch is served at 11:30 a.m. and costs $12. Everyone is welcome to hear the speakers.
BROGAN: Corned beef and cabbage will top the menu from 1 to 3 p.m. Sunday, March 12, at the Brogan Community Center. The cost is $10 for adults, $7 for children or $35 for a family. Therre will be a silent auction and a raffle; those wearing green will get a free raffle ticket.
Thursday, March 9
• Vale Oregon Irrigation District board meeting, 1 p.m., 521 A St. W., Vale. On the agenda: water report, manager’s report, other district business. Information: 541-473-3243.
Sunday, March 12
• Bingo at Vale American Legion Post 96, 436 Main St. N., 2 p.m.
Tuesday, March 14
• Vale Senior Center board meeting, 10 a.m., 100 Longfellow St. S.
• Warmsprings Irrigation District board meeting, 7 p.m., 334 Main St. N., Vale. On the agenda: water report and other district business.
Wednesday, March 15
• Malheur County Court meeting, 9 a.m., County Courthouse, Vale.
NEWS TIP? Send an email to [email protected].
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE – The Malheur Enterprise delivers quality local journalism – fair and accurate. You can read it any hour, any day with a digital subscription. Read it on your phone, your Tablet, your home computer. Click subscribe – $7.50 a month.