Uncategorized

Saturday night fire destroys Vale home

Fire severely damaged a house on Glenn Street in Vale Saturday night. Between 25 and 30 firefighters battled the blaze. No injuries were reported. (The Enterprise/PAT CALDWELL)

VALE – A fire ignited in couch cushions destroyed a home on Glen Street Saturday night.

Crews from Vale Fire & Ambulance were dispatched to the scene at about 9:15 p.m. where they discovered the house was engulfed with flames. According to the Malheur County Assessor’s Office, the home is owned by Steven Reynolds.

“When I arrived on the scene I had fire coming out both sides of the building,” said Jess Tolman, Vale Fire & Rescue chief.

Tolman said the man who owned the home “apparently had couch cushions get too close to a space heater and caught fire.”

“So, he extinguished . . .