Business & economy

Malheur receives federal aid to help homeless afford places to live

Some homeless people in Malheur County are getting additional help to afford a place to live under a new federal program.

The Malheur County Housing Authority was issued 21 vouchers to cover a variety of costs for moving people into housing. The emergency housing voucher is federally funded through the American Rescue Plan Act.

Kristy Rodriguez, executive director of the Housing Authority, said the extra help allows local . . .

You have reached content available exclusively to Malheur Enterprise digital subscribers.

Receive a 3-day free trial of unlimited digital access.

Already a subscriber? Login here.