Darlene Cassie Allen
April 24, 1941~ June 1, 2019
Darlene Cassie Allen, of Vale died June 1 at her home. Darlene was born in Oklahoma April 24, 1941. She married Dale Allen in March of 1963. Together they had four children, Tami (Brian) Walsh, of Lakewood, Washington; Lisa (Liz) Allen of Tucson, Arizona, Teena Allen-Collins (Mark) of Staten Island, New York; and Barry (Kelly) Allen of Portland, Oregon.
She was preceded in death by her mother, Theo; sister Betty Murphy; and brother Billy Potts. She is survived by her immediate family including sister Patsy Pierce and brother Larry Potts.
Darlene spent the majority of her life in Vale, where she and Dale raised their family. Darlene retired from the Malheur County Courthouse Auditor’s Office in June 2001. After retirement she enjoyed visits from her family and friends and traveling with her family. Darlene loved reading, movies, and music, especially her favorite violinist, David Garrett. She loved watching comedies with her cherished granddaughters, Bailey, Madison, and Sydney. Together they shared many belly laughs. Her laughter was contagious. She loved her family and friends deeply and will be forever missed.
Services were held Thursday, June 6, 2019 at 11 a.m. at the Ontario Lienkaemper Chapel, 78 NW 1st Ave. In lieu of flowers, please make a donation to the American Heart Association, Alzheimer’s Association, or Cancer Society.
Condolences may be made to the family at www.lienkaemper-thomason.com.
August 11, 1921~June 1, 2019
Anna Elfering, formerly of Vale, beloved wife, mother, grandmother, great grandmother and friend, passed away on June 1 at the Oregon Veterans Home in Lebanon, Oregon.
Anna was preceded in dealth by her husband, Bill Elfering of Vale.
She was born in Long Island City, New York, on August 11, 1921. Bill and Anna met at a USO dance in New York during World War II.
Anna always said that she made the transition from the busy pace of New York to the sleepy little town of Vale because of her love for Bill and the friendship of his family and friends.
Anna is survived by her children: Connie (Richard Moyer), Leonard Elfering (Lorraine), Marie (Mark Jones), Terry (Bruce Persson), Jennie (Dave Sowder) and Willie Elfering (Lisa); along with 16 grandchildren and 15 great-grandchildren.
In lieu of flowers, please send a donation to the Oregon Veterans Home, 600 N. 5th St., Lebanon, Oregon
Funeral Mass was celebrated at Sacred Heart Church in Newport, Oregon, on June 6. Rosary was recited at St. Patricks Catholic Church in Vale at 10 a.m. on June 8, followed by a gravesite service.
• Larry Larsson, 79, of Nyssa, died June 1 in Twin Falls. Lienkaemper Chapel, Nyssa.
• Timothy Charles Eviston, 57, of Winnsboro SC, died June 3. Lienkaemper Chapel, Vale.
• Grace Mieko Murata, 101, of Ontario, died June 6 at a care facility. Lienkaemper Chapel, Ontario.
• Suzanne Bergam, 58, Ontario, died June 7 at home. Haren-Wood Funeral Chapel.
• Harold H. “Butch” Davies, 84, of Weiser, died June 4 in Weiser. Thomason Funeral Home.
• Randy Lee Simmons, 72, of Ontario, died June 6 at home. Lienkaemper Chapel, Ontario.
• John J. Buehler, 67, of Huntington, died June 9 at home. Haren-Wood Funeral Chapel.
• Randall Carl Elms, 72, of Middleton, died June 6. Lienkaemper Chapel, Vale.
LEARN HOW TO PLACE AN OBITUARY: Contact Autumn Butler, Enterprise office manager, at [email protected] or call 514-473-3377.