VALE — The spotlight was put community volunteers and business organizations Saturday night at the Vale Chamber of Commerce’s annual banquet.
The event, at Vale High School, drew about 100 people who were there to eat, spend money, and cheer honorees.
Nearly 100 auctions went up for auction, from elaborate centerpieces to half off a skydiving date. The auction is a key fundraiser for the local chamber.
Honored at the banquet were:
- Janeille Bennett, citizen of the year.
- Lynn Findley, lifetime achievement.
- Victor Noble, lifetime education award.
- Tom Snook, high school educator of the year.
- Janie Keller, elementary educator of the year.
- Debbie Mohammad, volunteer of the year.
- Les Schwab Tires, honored business of the year.
- Roman’s Precision Irrigation, agricultural business of the year.
- Malheur County Sheriff’s Office Search and Rescue — public servant of the year.