The Voice of Malheur County

ECONOMY

Business, employment, economic development projects

RSS

EASTERN OREGON NEWS Feb. 25
IN OREGON: Brewer bullish on beer prospects in Baker City
Kevin Multop has been brewing his own ales for years, but now he's stepping it up with plans to open a new brewery in Baker City. He believes the town's brew-related businesses could make it a big draw for beer aficionados.
AROUND OREGON Feb. 17
AROUND OREGON: Holey war: Klamath Falls donut shop sued by restaurant with similar name
The family-owned operation, known until last week as the Holey Donut, will no longer go by that moniker after its owners were sued by The Holy Donut, a Maine bakery located 3,100 miles away.
ONTARIO CITY GOVERNMENT Feb. 11
Hartley takes controls at Ontario's airport
The Ontario Municipal Airport has a new manager, who says the city already feels like home.
MALHEUR COUNTY BUSINESS Feb. 10
With state's blessing, lottery's back online in Malheur County
Although local restaurant owners stand to profit from lottery commissions, they expressed frustration that the state was willing to reopen the video lottery machines without reopening indoor dining.
FreeEN ESPAÑOL Feb. 4
Nueva tienda ofrece el sabor de México para todos
Tienda Mi Lupita, el nuevo establecimiento ahora abierto en 104 A Street East, parece haber sido transportado desde un mercado mexicano hasta Vale.
MALHEUR COUNTY BUSINESS Feb. 4
New Vale store offers taste of Mexico, produce for all
Tienda Mi Lupita, the new general store now open at 104 A St. E, seems as if it were transported directly from a Mexican market to Vale.
RAIL RELOAD CENTER Jan. 21
Transportation commission approves release of construction funds for Malheur County rail center
The decision marks a milestone in the project slated north of Nyssa. The taxpayer-funded reload facility is projected to cut costs for local onion producers and help the local agriculture industry.
MALHEUR COUNTY BUSINESS Jan. 16
Farewell Bend comes back to life with another freeway stop for coffee and more
A gleaming truck stop stands where there were once just ruins of another venture at the Farewell Bend exit on Interstate 84. The TravelCentersofAmerica turned on the "open" sign Jan. 12.
MALHEUR COUNTY ECONOMY Jan. 15
Malheur County landlords, tenants counting on relief as Covid rules hold
With the statewide eviction moratorium extended, tenants are protected through the beginning of July. Landlords can get some relief through a fund that reimburses them for 80% of back rent owed if they forgive the other 20%.
COMMUNITY NEWS Jan. 14
Restaurant operators in Ontario get break on utility bills
A city program, which is meant to help shield the struggling industry from the economic downturn caused by Covid, is expected to cost the city up to $20,000.
MALHEUR COUNTY BUSINESS Jan. 13
Long, winding road for Malheur County mushroom plant takes new turn
The firm that owns the facility - Western Heritage Investments LLC - filed Chapter 11 bankruptcy in December in Boise. The plant kicked off production of mushrooms in 1988 but closed suddenly in 2007. Since then its ultimate fate has remained in limbo.
MALHEUR COUNTY BUSINESS Jan. 13
RV park with 170 spaces planned in Ontario
The park, planned for the intersection of Southeast Third Avenue and Southeast Fifth Street, will be the only one of its kind within city limits.
MALHEUR COUNTY BUSINESS Dec. 18
Boise grocery store chain buys Logan's Market in Vale
Intermountain Food Stores purchased Logan's Market stores in Filer, Marsing and Redmond. Intermountain Food Stores owns M&W Markets across southern Idaho.