Danny E. Byington
Oct. 14, 1951~ Dec. 18, 2018
Dan was born on Oct. 14, 1951, in Emmett, Idaho, and passed on to a better place on Dec. 18, 2018, in Boise, Idaho.
He was many things to many people; son, brother, uncle, cowboy, soldier, police officer, hunter, fisherman, jet boat river runner, and as good a friend as anyone could ever ask for. In his last several years, he enjoyed camping and 4-wheeling with Audrey, Gus, Tripod, Cali and many other good friends.
He had a heart of gold and was willing to help anyone that needed assistance. Always a man of his word, and you better pay attention when he spoke, because he meant what he said and said what he meant.
This amazing man hated funerals, so in his honor, there will be a Celebration of Life at the Ontario Elks on Jan. 19 beginning at 1 p.m. Dress casually, Dan wouldn’t want anyone to be uncomfortable because of him. We hope to share memories, laughs and celebrate a wonderful man’s life.
He is survived by his best bud Tripod; his sisters, Renee, Sandra, and Debra; many nieces and nephews, some of which referred to him as “Our Cool Uncle Dan;” many, many friends that dearly loved him, and his partner in crime for the last seven years, Audrey Mallea.
David G. Staup
Jun. 2, 1925~Jan. 1, 2019
David G. Staup passed on Jan. 1, 2019. He was born June 2, 1925, in Anderson, California. He worked for BLM until he retired.
In October of 1982 he married Evelyn Rowan after a long life of bachelorhood. He was a longtime resident of Vale but recently moved to Umpqua to be near his stepson.
David is survived by his wife and stepsons Thomas (Laura) Crowe of Umpqua and Dan Crowe of Susanville, California.
There will be a small memorial service with only family in Roseburg.
• Cierra Hope Shaffer, 18, of Fruitland, died Dec. 27 in Boise, Idaho. Relyea Funeral Chapel.
• Kevin Kimball, 64, of Nyssa, died Dec. 29. Haren-Wood Funeral Chapel,.
• Howard Wayne Girvin, 72, of Vale, died Dec. 31 at a Meridian hospital. Lienkaemper Chapel.
• Dona Goodfellow, 86, of Ontario, died Jan. 2. Haren-Wood Funeral Chapel, Payette.
• Franklin (Frankie) Cody Bashon died Dec. 29. Viewing will be 6 to 9 p.m. Friday, Jan. 11, at Shaffer Jensen Chapel in Payette, Idaho, with celebration of life at Ontario High School from 1 to 4 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 12.
LEARN HOW TO PLACE AN OBITUARY: Contact Autumn Butler, Enterprise office manager, at email@example.com or call 514-473-3377.