Want to snuggle with some kittens? The Ontario Feral Cat Project is desperately seeking volunteers to help with cat care. The chores include serving breakfast between 8 and 10 a.m. and dinner between 5 and 6:30 p.m., with times varying according to volunteers’ work schedules. In addition to providing food and fresh water, volunteers clean cages and litter boxes and – of course – snuggle with kittens. Volunteers are welcome even if they can only put in an hour or so a week. To volunteer, call the Project’s message phone 541-823-2427. The kittens above are among those being cared for by the Ontario Feral Cat Project until they are big enough to spay/neuter and ready for their forever homes.
• The Ontario Lions Club will host a Community Supper on Thursday at the Malheur County Fairgrounds. The dinner begins at 5:30 p.m., ending at 7:30 p.m. Ticket prices are $8 for adults and $3 for children, ages 5 to 12. All proceeds from the dinner will be used to support improvements to Lions Park in Ontario.
• The Treasure Valley Chorale, TVCC Concert Choir and Vocal Jazz Choir will present a “Songs of Inspiration Spring Choral Concert” Friday at 7:30 p.m. at Four Rivers Cultural Center in Ontario. Doors open for seating 30 minutes prior to showtime. The program will feature Carlos Colon’s requiem “Las Lamentaciones de Rufina Amaya” with chamber orchestra, directed by Rebecca Replogle. There will be an admission charge at the door.
• The Relay for Life of Four Rivers is set for Friday at the Ontario High School track. Cancer survivors and supporters are invited to attend the event. For more information, contact Wendy Fisher at 208-422-1075 or email@example.com.
• The Treasure Valley Quiltmakers will have a yard sale Saturday, starting at 8 a.m., at 1101 Partridge St. in Fruitland. The sale will feature quilt fabrics, patterns, books, and homemade items. For information, please call 541-212-9517.
The Quiltmakers will change up their monthly meeting with a trip to the Emmett Quilt Show. The group will gather at 9 a.m. Thursday, June 14, behind Eldridge Furniture in Ontario and drive to Emmett for the show. They plan to meet for lunch in the park later.
Anyone is interested joining in and quilting with a good purpose can call 541-889-3147 or 541-889-6602.
• The Adrian Lions Club hosts the annual Duck Dance in Adrian on June 23 at the Mirage. The dance starts at 7 p.m. and the $5 admission fee also purchases a duck for the club’s 4th of July duck race. Also offered during the dance will be an auction of prizes.