Interested in history of local quilting? Or music, or food festivals? Here’s a look at a few of the events coming up in September and beyond for Malheur County residents.
HISTORY: The quilt guild, celebrating its 40th anniversary this year, will present a program at the Malheur Country Historical Society meeting on Thursday, Sept. 8, in Room 110 of the Weese Building at Treasure Valley Community College in Ontario. Lunch starts at 11:30 a.m. and is available for $15 per person. The meeting begins just before noon.
TOTS: The annual Tater Tots Festival returns to Ontario on Depot Lane in September. Organized by Revitalize Ontario, there will be games, vendors, music, a kids zone, and Tater Tot-inspired food. The festival and car show will be from 2 to 10 p.m. Friday, Sept. 16, and 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 17. There also will be a 5K fun run on Saturday, with signups starting at 7:30 a.m. and the run starting at 9 a.m. Vendors can sign up using a link available at revitalizeontario.com or on the organization’s Facebook page.
MUSIC: The Community Concerts of Treasure Valley season opens Thursday, Oct. 6, with a show by Molly in the Mineshaft, an ensemble from Provo, Utah. All concerts in the 2022-23 series will start at 7 p.m. and will be in the Meyer-McLean Performing Arts Theater at the Four Rivers Cultural Center in Ontario.
The other shows in the series include: the Four C Notes, a quartet from Chicago, on Thursday, Nov. 10; the Alias Brass Company, a collaboration of five artists and educators from around the country, on Friday, Feb. 17, 2023; Empire Trio, a classical crossover ensemble, on Saturday, March 18, 2023; The Black Market Trust, a quintet from Los Angeles, on Thursday, April 27, 2023.
Individual or season tickets are available. For pricing and more information, or to have a pamphlet sent to you, email [email protected] or call 208-739-2777. Individual tickets may be purchased at the FRCC gift shop, Dorsey Music or on Eventbrite through Community Concerts of Treasure Valley’s Facebook page.
Wednesday, Sept. 7
• Malheur County Court, 9 a.m., County Courthouse, Vale.
Thursday, Sept. 8
• Vale Oregon Irrigation District board meeting, 1 p.m., 521 A St. W., Vale. On the agenda: manager’s report, water report, other district business.
Monday, Sept. 12
• Valley View Cemetery District board meeting, 3:30 p.m., cemetery office.
Tuesday, Sept. 13
• Vale Senior Center board meeting, 10 a.m., 100 Longfellow St. S., Vale.
• Vale City Council meeting, 7 p.m., City Hall.
• Nyssa City Council meeting, 7 p.m., City Hall.
• Warmsprings Irrigation District board meeting, 8 p.m., 334 Main St. N., Vale. On the agenda: Water reports and other business.
Wednesday, Sept. 14
• Vale School District Board meeting, 7 p.m. Vale Elementary School.
Tuesday, Sept. 20
• Pioneer Nursing Home Health District board meeting, 3 p.m., Vale Senior Center.
EXCELLENCE IN JOURNALISM – Available for $7.50 a month. Subscribe to the digital service of the Enterprise and get the very best in local journalism. We report with care, attention to accuracy, and an unwavering devotion to fairness. Get the kind of news you’ve been looking for – day in and day out from the Enterprise.