In the community

Farmworkers can get rent relief

Farmworkers pick asparagus in a Nyssa field. (The Enterprise/Yadira Lopez)

ONTARIO – A new program managed by the Oregon Human Development Corporation is offering help with paying rent to certain populations.

The program, called Supporting Tenants Accessing Rental Relief (STARR), is paid for with federal and state funds and offers support to farmworkers, the homeless and unstably housed, and those fleeing domestic violence.

The rental relief is available until June 30, and cover up to 12 months of past-due rent.

To apply, interested parties . . .