Halloween decorations in Vale. (The Enterprise/Yadira Lopez)
VALE – Plenty of little goblins and ghosts will hit the street of Vale Thursday, Oct. 31, for the annual trick-or-treat event sponsored by the Vale Chamber of Commerce.
Local businesses decorate and stock up on candy to offer to the children in the late afternoon.
Nyssa also will have a business trick-or-treat on Halloween, starting at 3:30 p.m. Prospective trick or treaters should look for the “Happy Halloween” pumpkin sign in the window of participating businesses.
These events, though, aren’t the only All Hollows Eve activities slated in the local area. Below are some other Halloween events:
• STORY TIME: Halloween-themed story time and crafts are coming to the Emma Humphrey Library in Vale, 150 A ST. E., Friday, Oct. 25 from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
• HAUNTED HOUSE: The city of Ontario is hosting its third annual haunted house Oct. 29 and 30 from dusk to 11 p.m. and on Halloween night from dusk to midnight. Tickets are $9. Proceeds will go to the New Hope Day Shelter in Ontario. The event at 16 SE 8th Ave. will feature free cotton candy, hot drinks, and rice crispy treats along with outdoor movies, a graffiti wall for selfies, and a costume contest.
• HAUNTING: Bluebird Express Car Wash is turning its operation into a “Tunnel of Terror” Oct. 31 and Nov. 1 from 7 to 9 p.m. Admission is $15 and proceeds will go to the Giggles and Grace Learning Center. The car wash is located at 1315 S.E. 1st Ave., Ontario.
• TRUNK OR TREAT: Cow Hollow Park, 1030 Janeta Ave., Nyssa, will turn into Trunk, Fiesta & Treat Oct. 31 from 5:30 to 7 p.m. Bring your trunk and treats to share in the costume parade. Pets welcome. Costumes encouraged.
• ONTARIO DOWNTOWN TRICK OR TREAT: This event is from 3:30 p.m. to 6 p.m. Oct. 31. Treats will be handed out on Oregon Street between West Idaho Aveune and Southwest 4th Street and at Moore Park.
• ONTARIO HIGH SCHOOL: A trunk or treat will be held from 5 to 7 p.m. Oct. 31 at the Ontario High School parking lot, 1115 West Idaho Ave.
• AMERICAN LEGION TRUNK OF TREAT: At the Ontario Veterans Memorial Hall at 25 N.W. 8th St. in Ontario from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Oct. 31. The event is sponsored by the American Legion Post 67, American Legion Auxiliary Unit 67, the Sons of American Legion Squadron 67, and the American Legion Riders.
• NYSSA SENIOR CITIZENS: Will host a Halloween Bingo part that begins at 5 p.m. Oct. 31.
• NYSSA HARVEST PARTY: Will be Oct. 31 from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. in front of the Nyssa School District Building. The free event will feature carnival games, a bounce house and food.
• NYSSA TRUNK OR TREAT: At the Oregon Trail Arena from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Oct. 31.
SUBSCRIBE TO HELP PRODUCE VITAL REPORTING — For $5 a month, you get breaking news alerts, emailed newsletters and around-the-clock access to our stories. We depend on subscribers to pay for in-depth, accurate news produced by a professional and highly trained staff. Help us grow and get better with your subscription. Sign up HERE.