Uncategorized

‘Spontaneous combustion’ likely cause of haystack fire east of Vale

Vale Fire and Ambulance responded to a haystack fire likely caused by spontaneous combustion Tuesday evening. (The Enterprise/Kristine de Leon)

VALE – Vale Fire and Ambulance battled a haystack fire east of town Tuesday evening.

Firefighters from the Nyssa City Fire Department and a tender from Ontario helped those on the scene.

Vale Fire Chief Jess Tolman said the haystack fire, located at 1000 Foothill Drive, was caused by spontaneous combustion and burned roughly 400 tons of hay. Robin Herriman said in a Facebook post that the hay was her family's.

No injuries were reported.

You've reached subscriber-only content

Register for free to continue reading  Free 3-day trial

Already a subscriber? Log in here.