NYSSA – Taking a look at the community calendar, October is shaping up to be a busy month!
The Nyssa Chamber invites all businesses, groups and city residents to participate in the ninth Annual Scarecrow Contest. Entry forms can be obtained at U.S. Bank, Umpqua Bank, Simpli Balanced, Eagle Eye Produce, Owyhee Metal Works or Munk Family Dental, and are due in the chamber office by Oct. 20. Judging will take place on Oct. 30.
• October is the month M&W Markets celebrates their anniversary doing business in Nyssa. This year is their 66th year! Stop by and celebrate with them.
• This is Homecoming Week at Nyssa High School with various dress up themes each day so you may see some unusual outfits on students during the week. The parade is at 2 p.m. this Wednesday, and the big game against Vale is on Friday, starting at 7.
This will also be senior recognition night and a “pink out” night as October is Breast Cancer Awareness month.
See you at the game!
• The Nyssa Senior Center hosts a monthly dance this Saturday from 6-9 p.m. Participants are asked to bring a snack or dish to share.
The center will have a meeting Oct. 10, starting at 11 with a potluck at noon. Join the Nyssa Senior Center and be part of the various activities happening there. The center is located at 316 Good Ave.
• The Nyssa Church of Jesus Christ Latter Day Saints hosts its annual Harvest Soup Line on Wednesday, Oct. 10 starting at 6 p.m.
There will be a variety of delicious soups to enjoy and time to visit.
• Nyssa Church of the Nazarene is starting to practice for its Christmas Cantata and is looking for individuals to join the choir. Practices are on Sundays at 5:45 p.m. at the church, corner of 5th and Good Avenue.