Russell Maurice Bond
Jan 4, 1929 ~ Aug. 11, 2018
Russell Maurice Bond, 89, of Vale, went home to be with the Lord on Aug. 11, 2018.
He was born Jan 4, 1929, in Garibaldi, Oregon. He graduated from Albany High School in 1947 and married his high school sweetheart, Glenna Hall, on Dec. 23, 1947 at her parents’ home in Albany. They had two sons, Gordon and Bruce. The family lived in Albany, Mikkalo, Ontario, Arizona, California, and moved to Vale in 1963.
Russ had a busy life full of hard work in a variety of jobs. He farmed in the Albany area then worked for family in Mikkalo. There was a short time in California working for the almond growers. In Ontario he worked for OreIda, NW Gas and Oil and Benson Glass. After coming to Vale he worked for BLM building fences, fighting fires and as a contract supervisor. His interest in the real estate profession began with United Realty in 1959 and continued as a full time career with Flying Realty until Friday, Aug. 10, 2018.
As Russ started raising his family the example of a Christian wife helped him to realize the importance of following his Lord Jesus Christ, and he was baptized in 1959 in Ontario. His love of God became the central theme of the rest of his life. He faithfully studied the Bible and was not afraid to share his faith.
He was preceded in death by his parents, Loren and Lulu Bond, brothers Bud and Wallace, sisters Cornelia and Loreen, and his wife of 68 years, Glenna. Russ is survived by his sons and their wives, Gordon and Jennet Bond of Richland, and Bruce and Judy Bond of Vale, eight grandchildren and their families, including 12 great grandchildren, and also many special nieces and nephews.
A traditional funeral service will be held at the Vale Christian Church at 11 a.m. (MST) on Friday, Aug. 17, with internment at Valley View Cemetery in Vale. Friends are invited to join the family for a dinner that will follow at Vale Christian Church.
Memorial donations may be made to Boise Bible College or Overseas Outreach through Tami’s Pine Valley Funeral Home PO Box 543 Halfway, Oregon, 97834. Online condolences may be shared at www.tamispinevalleyfuneralhome.com.
• Mona Sosa, 52, of Nyssa died Aug. 4 at her home. Haren-Wood.
• Edna M. Gomez, 67 of Payette, died Aug. 8 at her home. Lienkaemper Chapel, Ontario.
• Michael McSweeney, 74, of Ontario, died Aug. 9 at his home. Lienkaemper Chapel, Ontario.
• Domingo Garcia, 83, Ontario, died Aug. 11 at a care Facility in Ontario. Haren-Wood Funeral Chapel, Ontario.
• Edward Earl Turpen, 87, of Adrian, died Aug. 10 at his home. Lienkaemper Chapel, Nyssa.
• Doris Standage, 86, of Vale, died Aug. 13 at a local assisted living facility. Lienkaemper Chapel, Vale. Graveside services will be at 10 a.m. Aug. 17, Valley View Cemetery, Vale.
• Masao Morishige, 91, of Ontario, died Aug. 13, at a local care facility. Lienkaemper Chapel, Ontario.
LEARN HOW TO PLACE AN OBITUARY: Contact Autumn Butler, Enterprise office manager, at [email protected] or call 514-473-3377.