Coming up in the area:
• The 77th annual Malheur City Cemetery Potluck and Decoration will be held this Sunday.
The potluck is scheduled for 1 p.m. and all family, friends, and folks interested in the history of the area are invited.
People are encouraged to decorate at the cemetery, visit with old friends, investigate history, research genealogy, and enjoy the meal.
For more information, call Patty Philpott at 541-709-7181, Nick Eddy at 208-739-1657, Gary Fugate at 541-889-1996, or Mike Browning at 541-620-0497.
• The Boys and Girls Club of the Western Treasure Valley is accepting applications now for the Early Risers program, which runs June 4-Aug. 10. The cost is $25 per child, per week and includes a light breakfast, activities, lunch, snacks, supper, field trips and educational programs. The club will open doors at 8:30 a.m. each day of the program.
• Women who may have ancestors who served in the American Revolution are invited to a June 4 genealogical workshop with the new Applegate Idaho Trail Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution. The workshop will be from 1 to 3 at the Payette Public Library. For information, call Betty at 208-642-4679.
• The Ontario Lions Club will host a Community Supper on Thursday, June 8 at the Malheur County Fairgrounds. The dinner begins at 5:30 p.m., ending at 7:30 p.m. Ticket prices are $8 for adults and $3 for children, ages 5 to 12.
• The Treasure Valley Chorale, TVCC Concert Choir and Vocal Jazz Choir will present “Songs of Inspiration Spring Choral Concert” Friday, June 8, at 7:30 p.m. in the Meyer-McLean Theater at Four Rivers Cultural Center in Ontario. Doors open for seating 30 minutes prior to showtime. Admission charged at the door.