There are just no words to describe the emotion after seeing the destruction at Nyssa’s Hilltop Memorial Cemetery.
Someone knows who is responsible. Please contact the Nyssa Police Department, Malheur County Sheriff’s Office or Three Rivers Crime Stoppers at 208-414- 2677. You can also download a free P3 app for your mobile device. You can remain anonymous. If your tip leads to prosecution, you could earn a reward of up to $1,000. Donations to the reward fund can be sent to Three Rivers Crime Stoppers, 449 State St., Weiser, Idaho 83672.
• This Friday, the Faith Riders Drill Team sponsors a playday at Oregon Trail Arena in Nyssa. The event starts at 6:30 p.m. and is open to the public. The concession stand will be open, so come for dinner and enjoy the activities.
• The 26th Annual Letter Carriers Food Drive is this Saturday. Residents can place non-perishable food donations at their mailboxes by 8:30 a.m. Saturday. Food collected in Nyssa will go to the Nyssa Community Food Pantry.
• Also Saturday, church youth will hold a spaghetti dinner fundraiser at Lighthouse Church, 308 Emison Ave. Proceeds will be help send middle and high school youth to Fellowship of Christian Athletes Sports Camp. Dinner starts at 5 p.m., and the cost is $5.
• The Owyhee Riding Club continues its Buckle Playday series Saturday, starting at 10 a.m. The remaining event dates are May 12, July 14, Aug. 25 and Sept. 22. It is open to the community. For more information, contact owyheeridingclub1945@gmail. com or visit the club’s Facebook page.
• The Nyssa Nite Rodeo flag team tryouts will be next Monday, with registration at 6 p.m. and tryouts at 6:30 p.m., at the New Plymouth rodeo arena. For information, contact Mary Waite at 208-249-1595.
To submit your Nyssa news, contact Susan Barton at 541-372-5455 or [email protected].